STUDENT AND FAMILY RESPONSIBILITIES DURING REMOTE LEARNING
As we begin our efforts to impart daily and continuous instruction and support to all our students via Zoom teleconferencing and Google platforms, we ask that you review the following expectations:
- Students should complete instructional activities assigned by teachers within the expected timelines;
- Students should participate in check-ins, discussions, and other communication mechanisms as expected by the teacher;
- Students should review teacher feedback and complete any follow-up activities as assigned by the teacher;
- Students and families should proactively notify their teacher or a school administrator school with any concerns about progress or additional support needed;
- Families should support students in being successful by establishing routines and habits that support their success in the above activities.
- Families should ensure that students are adhering to their school’s instructions and expectations that outlines appropriate behavior on web enabled devices.
- Student must adhere to the assigned schedule and be responsible for "attending" all lessons/sections
- Teachers will be given a Google Voice phone number at which they can communicate with the students at assigned times, reflected on the schedules
- Students must take excellent care of the laptop/devices. If they have any questions or need assistance regarding the operation of the device, they are to contact Mr. McIntosh. Troubleshooting questions on the platforms we will be using can be directed to Ms. Astarita.
Parents/students will receive a daily and weekly schedule before the end of the week. The schedule will provide time for check-ins and collaboration among staff, independent time for school staff and students, aiming towards live instructional time for students and teachers. This schedule may evolve as schools develop their remote learning plans. For example, the initial schedule may contain more time for staff collaboration and meetings and less time for direct instruction, so that staff can establish procedures and expectations. Over time, the schedule may shift to more closely resemble the schedules followed on a daily basis during a "normal"/regular school schedule. The remote learning schedule will include all courses that students receive as part of regular instruction. Teachers and students will follow the assigned schedules for continuity. During lunch and other administrative periods, teachers perform the responsibilities described at our training/meeting sessions. Students must do their best to work and complete activities and assignments.
We are confident that the intense preparation and planning our staff members have completed these past three days will enable them to do the phenomenal and awesome job they have in the past. Please bear with us and be patient as we may face some challenges with the technology. We will make sure to address those as the surface.
We are looking forward to a successful learning experience vie remote support.
Full Remote Learning Meal Pickup
Beginning August 31, 2020 students who are participating in fully remote learning can pick up breakfast and lunch for the day between 6:30am-6:55am, Monday-Friday. The meals will be distributed by Door 10.